Monday, May 7, 2007

Ethnic Arts Festival

The Ethnic Arts Festival had a variety of booths with "experts" at each, explain about the country. This was a useful experience because it not only educated me about unfamiliar countries, but it also gave me the awareness of all the diversity in our world and made me think how I could possibly bring that to a school. Listening to foreign exchange students, or Luther students who have studied abroad to these countries, I realized this first hand experience it truly creates a sense of appreciation of the respected cultures. These students eyes lit up when talking about their experience or home. While I will try my best to bring my own passion and excitement for different cultures into my classroom, I will always look for those who have more experience then I do, so my students can hopefully get a taste of how, when, and where others live.

No comments: